Windows Version 4.10c (October 2017)
- Scrolling the preview with a maximized window on a 4K screen now works fluently. It also works faster on Full HD screens.
- Affinity Photo Fix:
- Bug Fix: When opening the maximized plugin window for the second time, the controls do not vanish anymore.
- Plugin Installer:
- Support for Paint Shop Pro 2018
- Support for Corel Draw & Photo-Paint 2017
- Fixed support for Corel Draw & Photo-Paint X5 and older
- The Add Folder button now asks if you want to install the 64-bit versions of the plugins in the new folder. Previously the 32-bit plugins were automatically installed in the new folder.
Version 4.10 for Windows (February
- Images are now processed tile by tile which requires less memory and allows processing images that occupy more than 2 GB RAM. But tile processing is not used if one the following effects is applied: All Warp effects, Noisy Blur, Quadrant Flip, Streamer, Zoom, Flame Generator
- "The Plugin Site" sub menu does not appear at the top of the Filter menu anymore, because the leading space character was removed.
- After the dialog was displayed, you can now press the Enter key to immediatelly apply the effect.
- Bug Fix: No more flickering when the plugin dialog is displayed
- Bug Fix: In Affinity Photo and Serif PhotoPlus the controls are not messed up anymore when running it a second time after clicking Cancel.
- Bug Fix: No more strange combo box colors in IrfanView, Affinity Photo and other applications that do not support visual styles.
- Future versions will be able to install over the current version
without uninstallation. Please uninstall any previous version to
avoid superfluous files.
- The installation does not allow selecting an installation folder
anymore. You can only select the drive. This avoid double installations
- Only one uninstall option is added to the "Add/Remove Programs"
section of the control panel for new minor versions of the same
- New Uninstall item is added to Start menu which displays the Add/Remove
- Plugin Installer:
- Two new "Adobe Photoshop CC (All Versions)"
items for installing plugins to a 32-bit or 64-bit
plugin folder which is used by all existing and future versions
of Photoshop CC. This way you do not need to install the plugin
again after you installed a new version of Photoshop CC. Best
uninstall the previous version to avoid duplicate plugins when
using this new option.
- Support for Affinity Photo (Please activate
the "Allow Unknown plugins to be used" check box under
Edit > Preferences > Photoshop Plugins in Affinity Photo
to make it work.)
- Plugin Installer now correctly displays "Photoshop CC
2015.5" instead of "Photoshop CC 2016".
- Clicking on a list item activates its check box now
- Plugin Installer has all applications activated by default
- The Install button now gets the focus when the dialog shows up.
Version 4.09 for Windows (December
- The UI-Scaling-Preview-Cutoff problem
in Photoshop CC 2014/2015 and Photoshop Elements 13/14
was fixed. However, the Soft Proof effect is not visible
in the preview anymore if UI Scaling is active.
- Larger cursors
- After the plugin dialog appears the Enter key now always applies the effect and the Esc key always cancels the plugin. Previously it sometimes only worked after clicking a control.
- Bug Fix: When using the Enter key instead of clicking the OK button, the settings were not saved and the preview appeared maller when running the plugin again.
- Bug Fix: With maximized window the preview was too small on second invocation.
- Improved installation:
- Three less clicks are necessary,
because the language, start menu and ready pages are not
- There are no separate Start menu
folders added for different versions anymore. So better
uninstall previous and demo versions before installing
- Under Windows 8 & 10 there are
even less icons with better names installed on the All
Apps section of the Start menu to avoid clutter.
- Please uninstall from the Control
Panel as the uninstall icon is not added to the Start
- Plugin Installer supports HiDPI
Version 4 for Windows (January 2011)
- 64-bit version included
- Resizable window with visual styles.
- Speed improvements:
- 2.5 times faster: Patterns>Rasperry
- 1.75 times faster: Nature>Flame, Nature>Tornado
- 1.5 times faster: Patterns>70s Pop, Color>Mood
- 1.25 times faster: Patterns>Random Art, Patterns>Radial
Sinality, Color>Color Wizard
- Improved compatibility with some
applications, e.g. preview
scrolling now works in SignLab and Image Analyzer.
- Data Execution Protection (DEP)
does not keep Harrys Filters
from working anymore.
- More precise rendering time
avoids write permission conflicts
the .ini and preset are now saved
in this folder:
c:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application
values of the Brightness, blend controls and Instant Preview
check box are preserved between session.
- Bug Fix: The Blue Mode slider of the
Artistic>Color Cocktail effect works again.
- The installer
supports a total of 38 languages.
Plugin Installer supports several new compatible applications.
for silent installation: If
you run the installer with the /silent or /verysilent command
line parameter, the installation will run automatically and
require no click. Plugin Installer will then automatically
install the plugin in every supported application that it
Version 3.01 for Windows (June 2007)
Windows Vista Compatibility:
Harrys Filters now works
under Vista even if your computer has 2 GB or more RAM.
6 new presets
was added: At the end of the installation the Plugin
Installer tool will appear and let you copy the Harrys Filters
plugin conveniently to your image application's plugin folder.
Version 3.0 for Windows (January
14 New Effects:
Color > Inversity, Artistic > Color Compress, Gradients
> Spiral, Gradients > Triple, Patterns > Symbol
Shaper, Warp > Kamikaze, Noise > Digital Cutter, Other
> Convolver Pro. Additionally a new Nature group with
the following effects: Dawning, Flame, Lightning, Polar
Lights, Super Nova and Tornado.
for effect animations with random slider values. Two
combo boxes for choosing a frame/second value and one of
five possible speeds. While the animation is displayed in
the preview you can use all controls, e.g. change zoom,
change a slider value, choose another effect.
slider was added. The brightness sliders of some effects
has been removed.
with 20 blending modes and a ratio slider.
works in Paint Shop Pro 8 now. An incompatibility with Paint
Shop Pro 8 was fixed.
More than 30
new preset files.
The "Random" button
has been renamed to "Jump".
Some filters have
been fixed, e.g. the Crochet Art and Color Cocktail effects
The range of some
sliders was internally shortened to make it easier to produce
useful effects with them.
Some label names
have been fixed and changed.
Bug that occured
when opening a preset was fixed.
- Clicking on the logo displays
the About dialog
Version 2.0 for Windows (May 2001)
- All 55 plugins were combined
into one single plugin. The effects are choosable with
the help of two combo boxes.
- Zoomable and scrollable preview
- Features for opening and
saving preset files that have the extention .hfp. More
than 90 presets are included.
- Instant Preview check box
for updating the preview while the sliders are dragged
- Random Button for setting
the sliders to random values
- Help Button for displaying
the help file
Version 1.0 for Macintosh (December
Version 1.0 for Windows (1997 -
- A collection of Filter Factory plugins
originally known as "VideoRave".